Help us spread the word! Tonight’s Barlow vs. Gresham football game is being moved to Sandy High School. The district and the school made the decision to move the game after discovering Barlow High School’s scoreboard is not working due to the rainy weather. Sandy High School is located at 37400 Bell Street, Sandy, OR 97055. There is plenty of parking at Sandy High School—there will be no shuttle as originally planned.
Make reading a priority for your family
It can be hard to fit “family reading time” into today’s hectic schedules. But the benefits for your child greatly outweigh the hassle. By making reading a family priority, you show your child that reading is very important—and also a fun activity.
To promote reading as a family:
• Set aside family reading time each day. Even 15 minutes a day is a great start.
• Pick a regular time for reading. This will make it easier to fit into your schedule. This
demonstrates that reading time is too important to miss.
• Decide how to spend the reading time. You can read a book aloud as a family, or everyone can read silently to themselves.
• Keep it interesting. To prevent your reading routine from becoming stale, act out a play together. Or create a monthly reading challenge. Just keep reading!
• Read books you like and enjoy. Enthusiasm is contagious!
Copyright © 2008 The Parent Institute® www.parent-institute.com
May be reproduced by Building Readers newsletter subscribers.