Help us spread the word! Tonight’s Barlow vs. Gresham football game is being moved to Sandy High School. The district and the school made the decision to move the game after discovering Barlow High School’s scoreboard is not working due to the rainy weather. Sandy High School is located at 37400 Bell Street, Sandy, OR 97055. There is plenty of parking at Sandy High School—there will be no shuttle as originally planned.
East Gresham Elementary School
Parent Involvement Plan 2016-2017
East Gresham believes positive parental involvement is essential in guiding the
social, emotional, and academic growth of students.
Parental Involvement Plan
East Gresham Elementary School will:
- Involve parents in the reviewt of the Parent Involvement Plan.
- Provide a Parent survey in the spring of each year to gather input about the effectiveness of the Parental Involvement Plan.
- Notify families that they can make suggestions regarding any aspect or component of the East Gresham Elementary parental Involvement Plan: at the annual Title I/SUN/ELD meeting, on the school website, in a newsletter, and by email.
East Gresham Elementary will:
- Invite all parents to an annual meeting during the fall to explain our T-1, ELD, and SUN programs and the role, rights, and responsibilities of all parents in the education of their children.
- Send home information in parent friendly language(s) that can be easily understood.
- Provide parents the opportunity to be involved in the ongoing review and improvement of the Parent Involvement Plan.
- Provide information about programs, curriculum, assessment, and achievement expectations in the school calendar, on the school website, in newsletters, and at conferences.
- Coordinate school programs/activities at a variety of times to maximize opportunities for parents to participate.
Parent, Student, School Compact
- East Gresham Elementary will develop a Parent, Student, School Compact. The compact will outline how parents, students and school staff will share the responsibility for improved student achievement. To the extent possible, compacts will be provided in languages that all parents can understand
- If a teacher who is not highly qualified to teach the subject or grade level is teaching a class, a notification letter will be sent home to the parents of those children. If a substitute teacher is in the classroom for four consecutive weeks and is not highly qualified, a notification letter will be sent home to parents of those children.
Gresham-Barlow School District recognizes the diversity and worth of all individuals and groups. It is the policy of this district and the board of education that there will be no discrimination or harassment of individual or groups in any educational program, activities or employment. Gresham-Barlow provides equal access to individuals with disabilities.